Vacancy – General Labourer
Abbey Forged Products is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry, and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With 40 years’ experience in forging, Abbey are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die methods.
We currently have an opportunity for a General Labourer. This is a varied post responsible for assisting various departments in Labouring duties, particularly the Machine Shop, Despatch and helping to maintain a tidy site.
The main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to: –
• Responsibility for the removal of all swarf from a selection of machinery to include turret lathes – milling machines and vertical borers.
• Disposing of waste according to set policies and procedures.
• Carrying out collections and deliveries as required
• To find and supply to machinist’s items required for machining when requested.
• Processing of products ready for Despatch
• Utilisation of plant and lifting equipment
• Loading and unloading of vehicles
• Operate basic power tools as required.
• Assisting keeping the site clean & tidy.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and personal attributes: –
• Able to drive a selection of forklift trucks in a busy factory environment.
• Ability to use overhead cranes and have good manual handling skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work methodically with attention to detail.
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Hardworking and flexible in approach to work
• Able to work within the constraints of our Quality and Health & Safety systems.
This is a permanent role working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
What we offer in return: –
• Competitive hourly rates
• Paid breaks
• Pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme, that includes 24/7 365 days a year access to GP, prescription service, counselling, financial and legal advice for employees and their partners.
• Online discounts for travel, shopping, eating out, days out etc.
• Death in Service benefit
• Discounted Gym memberships and play more golf subscriptions.
• Real training and development opportunities
• Recommend a Friend referral scheme.
• Abbey prides itself on their exceptionally modern and clean working facilities that are second to none.
• We encourage team spirit and strive for continuous improvement providing rewards for 6s.
• Free onsite parking
• Canteen facilities offering hot & cold food choices and daily specials.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org