Vacancy – Heat Treatment Operative
Abbey Forged Products is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry, and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With 40 years’ experience in forging, Abbey are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die methods.
We currently have a vacancy for an Heat Treatment Operative, the main duties will include but are not limited to:-
- Provide an efficient heat treatment facility to the Company
- Preparation of Heat Treatment charges, by means of manual handling, FLT and manipulator etc
- Loading and unloading of furnaces
- Setting and monitoring of furnace control instrumentation
- Inspection, identification, and distribution of completed work
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping within the department
- Liaise with other departments to ensure work is completed in a timely manner
- Liaison with the Witness Inspectors
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience: –
- Experience of working within a similar environment
- Ability to understand at times complex information
- Current Forklift Truck Licence
- Experience of operating heavy machinery
- Practical knowledge and skills in manual handling techniques
- Required to maintain legible handwritten records
- Effective communication skills with all levels of personnel, both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise accordingly
- Able to work as part of a team but also on own initiative
- Keen eye for detail and quality focused
- Pro-active and forward thinking
- Good PC skills with an ability to learn new systems
- This role operates over 3 shifts, but the candidate must be flexible with regards to changing shifts when required.
What we offer in return:-
- Competitive hourly rates
- In addition to the hourly rate, shift allowance paid at £90 per week when working the morning, nights and afternoons 3 shift pattern.
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays. Also, up to a maximum of a 5 extra days holiday based on length of service.
- Paid breaks
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, that includes 24/7 365 day a year access to GP, prescription service, counselling, financial and legal advice for employees and their partners.
- Online discounts for travel, shopping, eating out, days out etc.
- Death in Service benefit
- Discounted Gym memberships and play more golf subscriptions.
- Real training and development opportunities
- Abbey prides itself on their exceptionally modern and clean working facilities that are second to none.
- We encourage team spirit and strive for continuous improvement providing rewards for 6s.
- Free onsite parking
- Canteen facilities offering hot & cold food choices and daily specials.