Vacancy – Machinist
Abbey Forged Products is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry, and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With 40 years’ experience in forging, Abbey are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die methods.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Machinist, who will be responsible for operating a variety of machine tools. The job holder will be working to production schedules, machining a variety of components and materials to tolerances specified.
The ideal candidate will be a proficient Manual and/or CNC Machinist, with experience of working within a Machine Shop environment in the metals industry. Work is predominantly Turning with some Milling, operating with Fanuc controls. You will be responsible for ensuring production documentation conforms with relevant quality standards and maintaining a safe and tidy work area.
Along with skills in the above area, the successful candidate will have:-
- a keen eye for detail
- be organised, methodical and take pride in their work
- have the ability to use measuring instruments such as micrometres and callipers
- overhead crane / slinging and lifting skills
- be an excellent team player with good communication skills
This is a permanent, full-time position, working 40 hours a week over a 3-shift pattern:-
Nights – Sunday to Thursday, 10pm to 6am.
Afternoons – Monday to Thursday, 2pm to 10pm (Friday, 2pm to 8pm)
Mornings – Monday to Friday 6am to 2pm
What we offer in return:-
- Competitive hourly rates
- In addition to the hourly rate, shift allowance paid at £90 per week when working the above 3 shift pattern.
- Paid breaks
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, that includes 24/7 365 day a year access to GP, prescription service, counselling, financial and legal advice for employees and their partners.
- Online discounts for travel, shopping, eating out, days out etc.
- Death in Service benefit
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Real training and development opportunities
- Abbey prides itself on their exceptionally modern and clean working facilities that are second to none.
- We encourage team spirit and strive for continuous improvement providing rewards for 6s.
- Free onsite parking
- Canteen facilities offering hot & cold food choices and daily specials.