Vacancy – Maintenance Fitter/Fabricator
Abbey Forged Products is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With over 40 years’ experience in forging, Abbey are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die forging.
We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Fitter/Fabricator responsible for the maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment, fabrication and welding work. The main duties of the role include: –
- Respond to all production breakdowns as instructed
- Install heavy engineering plant using lifting equipment in compliance with HSE policies
- Ensuring timely completion of all planned preventative maintenance activities relevant to maintain the smooth running of the factory
- Communicate status of maintenance activities to all relevant personnel
- Working in conjunction with other Engineers on all necessary equipment issues
- Ensure all work is carried out to regularity and safety standards
This is a full-time permanent position, and we would welcome applications from candidates with the following experience, skills and personal attributes: –
- A recognised time served apprenticeship or recognised City & Guilds
- Experience of working in a maintenance engineering environment
- Ability to weld using Stick, MIG and TIG would be an advantage
- Experience of repairing, maintaining manual and CNC machines
- Knowledge and application of safe working practices
- Forklift Truck, Crane, and MEWP licences would be an advantage
- Efficiency and attention to detail is essential
- Good organisational skills
- Prepared to work shifts and additional hours when required
- Reliable with excellent time keeping
What we offer in return:-
- Competitive hourly rates
- Paid breaks
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, that includes 24/7 365 day a year access to GP, prescription service, counselling, financial and legal advice for employees and their partners.
- Online discounts for travel, shopping, eating out, days out etc.
- Death in Service benefit
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Real training and development opportunities
- Abbey prides itself on their exceptionally modern and clean working facilities that are second to none.
- We encourage team spirit and strive for continuous improvement providing rewards for 6s.
- Free onsite parking
- Canteen facilities offering hot & cold food choices and daily specials.
Closing Date: Friday, 31 March 2023