Vacancy – Sales Executive
Abbey Forged Products is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry, and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With 40 years’ experience in forging, Abbey are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die methods.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive, reporting directly to the Sales Manager, the main purpose of the role will be to develop new business, as well as maximise current leads. You will either have proven experience of working within the above markets, or a keen interest in learning about the industry and have a flair for Sales. Training will be provided to a candidate that shows potential for the role. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:-
- Identifying and winning new business opportunities in the UK and abroad
- Maximise order value, frequency, profit and payment terms
- Prepare quotations in line with company policy
- Produce quarterly and new business development reports
- Attend business meetings when required
- Visit customers and potential customers on a regular basis
- Provide support on new part introduction, orders, specifications, payment terms etc.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and very driven. They will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in commercial achievements in this sector or, be keen to develop a Sales career in the metals industry. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following personal attributes: –
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to build effective working relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders
- Engineering and or metallurgical experience is desirable
- Ability to identify new business prospects and win opportunities
- Efficiency and attention to detail is essential
- Work as part of a team, and play a part in motivating others
- Be of smart appearance
- Computer literate
This is a full time, permanent position based in Sheffield.
What we offer in return: –
- Very competitive salaries
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays. Also, up to a maximum of a 5 extra days holiday based on length of service.
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, that includes 24/7 365 days a year access to GP, prescription service, counselling, financial and legal advice for employees and their partners.
- Online discounts for travel, shopping, eating out, days out etc.
- Death in Service benefit
- Discounted Gym memberships and play more golf subscriptions.
- Real training and development opportunities
- Recommend a Friend referral scheme.
- Abbey prides itself on their exceptionally modern and clean working facilities that are second to none.
- We encourage team spirit and strive for continuous improvement providing rewards for 6s.
- Free onsite parking
- Canteen facilities offering hot & cold food choices and daily specials
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com