Vacancy – Forge Operative Trainee
Abbey Forged Products is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry, and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With 40 years’ experience in forging, Abbey are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die methods.
We currently have training opportunities for the right candidates who aspire for a career in the art of Forging.
Working as part of a crew, you will learn the production of forgings on an open die hammer. Helping to ensure the final forged product is made correctly not only dimensionally but to the demands of any internal or external procedures that may apply. Health and safety protocols must be adhered to at all times.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and personal attributes: –
• A team player with the ability to be pro-active and self-motivated
• Efficient with good attention to detail
• Health and Safety conscious
• Physically fit due to the nature of the role
• Practical manual handling skills
• Good communication skills
• A reasonable level of literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to use measuring equipment such as rules, tapes and callipers
• Reliable with excellent time keeping
• A valid Forklift Truck licence or willing to train
• A desire for a long term career in forging and aptitude for the role is a necessity, as the training period is a long term commitment.
What we offer in return:-
• Competitive hourly rates
• Bonus scheme based on work output
• Paid breaks
• Pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme, that includes 24/7 365 day a year access to GP, prescription service, counselling, financial and legal advice for employees and their partners.
• Online discounts for travel, shopping, eating out, days out etc.
• Death in Service benefit
• Discounted Gym memberships
• Real training and development opportunities
• Abbey prides itself on their exceptionally modern and clean working facilities that are second to none.
• We encourage team spirit and strive for continuous improvement providing rewards for 6s.
• Free onsite parking
• Canteen facilities offering hot & cold food choices and daily specials.
Closing Date: Monday, 27 June 2022