Vacancy – Forge Operative
Abbey Forged Products is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry, and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With 40 years’ experience in forging, Abbey are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die methods.
We currently have opportunities for experienced Forge Operatives, to work as part of a crew on open die hammers. We welcome applications from Forge Operatives with experience in any of the following disciplines:-
First Man duties
Second Man duties
Manipulator and/or Andromat driving
The ideal candidates will possess the following personal attributes: –
• Efficient with good attention to detail
• A team player with the ability to be pro-active and self-motivated
• Health and Safety conscious
• Physically fit due to the nature of the role
• Practical manual handling skills
• Good communication skills
• Reliable with excellent time keeping
• A valid Forklift Truck licence
What we offer in return:-
• Competitive hourly rates
• Bonus scheme based on work output
• Paid breaks
• Pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme, that includes 24/7 365 day a year access to GP, prescription service, counselling, financial and legal advice for employees and their partners.
• Online discounts for travel, shopping, eating out, days out etc.
• Death in Service benefit
• Discounted Gym memberships
• Real training and development opportunities
• Abbey prides itself on their exceptionally modern and clean working facilities that are second to none.
• We encourage team spirit and strive for continuous improvement providing rewards for 6s.
• Free onsite parking
• Canteen facilities offering hot & cold food choices and daily specials.
Closing Date: Monday, 27 June 2022