Vacancy – Despatch Operative – HGV Driver
Abbey Forged Products is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry, and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With 40 years’ experience in forging, Abbey are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die methods.
We currently have an opportunity for an HGV Driver / Despatch Operative. The main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:-
• Delivery and collection of all products/items carried on company vehicles
• Processing of products ready for Despatch
• Updating internal computer system as appropriate, with despatch information
• Part and finished product identification
• Ensure paperwork is filled in correctly and traceable
• Utilisation of plant and lifting equipment
• Loading and unloading of vehicles
• Carrying out vehicle, and securing equipment inspections
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience: –
• HGV licence, CPC qualification and digi card is required
• Knowledge of current tachograph rules and regulations
• Forklift licence
• Good understanding of safe manual handling practices
• Ability to work methodically
• Good attention to detail
• Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Working hours are Monday to Friday, predominantly 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. However, a degree of flexibility will be required due to the nature of the work.
What we offer in return:-
• Competitive hourly rates
• Paid breaks
• Pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme, that includes 24/7 365 day a year access to GP, prescription service, counselling, financial and legal advice for employees and their partners.
• Online discounts for travel, shopping, eating out, days out etc.
• Death in Service benefit
• Discounted Gym memberships
• Real training and development opportunities
• Abbey prides itself on their exceptionally modern and clean working facilities that are second to none.
• We encourage team spirit and strive for continuous improvement providing rewards for 6s.
• Free onsite parking
• Canteen facilities offering hot & cold food choices and daily specials.
Closing Date: Monday, 27 June 2022