Vacancy – Software Engineer
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Software Developer/Engineer to join our IT Department. The main purpose of the role will be to develop internal systems for use within the business, this includes the creation of both new developments and extending existing systems. The main duties of the role include: –
- Writing software, documentation and manuals
- Testing and modifying systems to ensure they work correctly
- User training
- Providing support
- Fault finding, diagnosing and fixing
- Liaising with department members
- Liaising with users to find issues or identify opportunities for developing systems further
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and personal attributes:-
- Good Programming skills in a Microsoft C# (WinForms) environment.
- Experience of Developing systems on SQL database.
- Some knowledge of VB.Net would be useful (but not essential) with regards to legacy systems.
- Experience of systems development in a multiuser environment
- Proficient with Window and windows server operating systems and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Ability to communicate information to a non-technical audience
- Methodical and organised in their approach to work
- Customer focused
This is a full-time permanent position based in Sheffield S6.