Environmental and sustainability policy
We at Abbey Forged Products are committed to sustainable development (meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs) as a guiding principle within our work. Concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of this commitment. Our aim is to reduce the impact on the environment from our operations.
Our environmental/sustainability action plan
We will assess the environmental impacts of our operations and set objectives and targets in order to improve our environmental performance. We will regularly review these targets.
· promote responsibility for the environment within the organisation and communicate and implement this policy at all levels within the workforce.
· reduce the use of energy, water and other resources.
· minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods.
· comply with all relevant environmental legislation/regulation.
· ensure that our policies and commitments are developed in a way that is complimentary to this policy.
· fund needs to meet our sustainability goals and requirements.
· encourage all stakeholders to commit to the sustainable development philosophy.
· identify and provide appropriate training, advice and information for staff and encourage them to develop new ideas and initiatives.
· provide appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy.
· promote and encourage involvement in local environmental initiatives/schemes.
Achievements and future goals
Our unique setting drives our commitment to a greener more sustainable future, to date we have completed ;-
· Capacity to meet 80% of our heating and hot water needs, through recovered energy and regenerative technology systems.
· Full low energy, smart technology LED light conversion across full site, approximately 10,000m2.
· Bespoke energy management system allowing gas, electricity, air and water monitoring.
· Regenerative technology on all our furnace capacity.
· Using Variable speed drive motors where possible, thus reducing energy consumption.
· Electric vehicle acquirement procurement – rolling mission.
· Low impact construction processes through innovative building solutions.
· Attenuation water collection system protecting our local water courses and environment.
Innovation and the embracing of new techniques and technology continue to drive and enhance our goals for a better future. Sustainable development is key to achieving this, and integral to our continued growth.