Vacancy – Software Developer
Abbey Forged Products is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With 40 years’ experience in forging, Abbey are specialists in creating bespoke products using open die methods.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Software Developer/Engineer to join our IT Department. The main purpose of the role will be to develop internal systems for use within the business, this includes the creation of both new developments and extending existing systems. The main duties of the role include: –
- Writing software, documentation, and manuals
- Testing and modifying systems to ensure they work correctly.
- User training
- Providing support
- Fault finding, diagnosing, and fixing.
- Liaising with department members
- Liaising with users to find issues or identify opportunities for developing systems further.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and personal attributes: –
- Good Programming skills in a Microsoft C# (WinForms) environment.
- Experience of Developing systems on SQL database.
- knowledge of VB.Net would be useful with regards to legacy systems.
- Experience of systems development in a multiuser environment
- Proficient with Window and windows server operating systems and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Ability to communicate information to a non-technical audience.
- Methodical and organised in their approach to work.
- Customer focused.
What we offer in return: –
- Competitive salaries
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays. Also, up to a maximum of a 5 extra days holiday based on length of service.
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, that includes 24/7 365 day a year access to GP, prescription service, counselling, financial and legal advice for employees and their partners.
- Online discounts for travel, shopping, eating out, days out etc.
- Death in Service benefit
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Real training and development opportunities
- Abbey prides itself on their exceptionally modern and clean working facilities that are second to none.
- Free onsite parking
- Canteen facilities offering hot & cold food choices and daily specials.