Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Abbey Forged Products Limited and/or Abbey Engineering Products Ltd. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and/or supplies their personal data to us, and is not employed by Abbey Forged Products Limited and acting in the course of their employment|
|AFP||relates to Abbey Forged Products Ltd, whose registered address is Beeley Wood Works, Beeley Wood Lane, Sheffield, S6 1ND|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, awaiting full name for AFP and AEP sites.|
Abbey Forged Products Ltd and Abbey Engineered Products Ltd, is committed to the proper protection of all personal data. We process Personal Data in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR.
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, AFP is the “data controller”. This means that Abbey Forged Products Ltd and Abbey Engineered Products Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- job title;
- name of the company your work for:
- professional contact Information such as postal and email addresses, telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
Data we hold about you would be supplied directly from you to us. Data could be collected when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means.
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect some of your Data automatically, for example about your visit to the site. This information is purely analytical to make improvements to the Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of your Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service from us and experience when using our Website and thus products/services. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- transmission by email of marketing materials/enquiries that may be of interest to you;
- to understand the effectiveness of our website through traffic generated.
We may use your Data if you have previously engaged with us to maintain contact, or to respond if you enquire about our products and services.
We may use your Data if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. We will always ask for your explicit consent in order to use your data in the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail. If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees; in order to supply our products and/or services to you, or you supplying your products/services to us,
- Should you enter into a contract with us to supply products and/or services, we may share your data with third parties that may be involved in the sub-contract chain, such as delivery of goods. In many circumstances you would be fully aware of other parties in the supply chain prior to your contact information being disclosed. In these circumstances the processing of your personal data would be under a ‘lawful’ basis.
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings.
- Vivid Creative Ltd are the branding Company that develop and support our Website. They will have access to analytical data only for the purpose of maintaining the Website.
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example we store your Data on secure servers.
Even if we delete your Data, some Data may still be held on archive for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access. – this is usually known as a data subject access request and it enables you to receive a copy of the personal Data, we hold about you.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, e.g. it’s no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to stop us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries or exercise any of your rights set out above, please contact us via this e-mail at: email@example.com.
If you have any concerns about your Data, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with how your Data is handled by us, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (https://ico.org.uk/).
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.